Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

School Spirit


A former 5th grade student of mine is now in college at FSU. (That makes me feel so old!) Her mom contacted me and asked if I could do some FSU cookies in a care package for her. "Sure!" I said. Then I looked at the logo and thought, "uh oh"...


But they actually turned out ok. Some of the seminoles seemed a bit more angry than others and a couple of them just kind of looked like clowns. Those I didn't send. They went into the container in my kitchen for the "mookies"- a term coined by my husband for the mess-ups that he's allowed to eat.

Here are some of the ones I did send. Once I figured out a plan to do them, which took lots of trial and error (and mookies), they actually went pretty quickly.


For those that are interested... First I did the black, yellow and red outline in a thick icing. Then I outlined the hair and the face. As they dried I thinned out all my icing and then "flooded" the hair and added the feathers. Then I flooded the face and added the facial features. Next I flooded the red. When everything was all dry, I used a food coloring marker to write on the feather.

Over all they were fun to do and I really enjoyed the challenge!

4 comments:

  1. those are awesome.., I didn't know you had a blog... I am going to start following!!!!! You can make me cookies anytime... when I am home on furlough this spring, I would love for you to have a teach Julie how to make these awesome creations day... would that work!?!?!?!? I could make Hungarian for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! That's my alma mater you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie- that would be awesome! Let me know when you're in town! by the way, I know they don't have meringue powder over there, but do they have powdered egg whites? That's what I use now.

    Thanks Amy C!

    Wendy- I'll have to make you some! :)

    ReplyDelete