Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Race and Tumble

My friend's adorable twins turned four last weekend and I made some cookie favors for their party. The party was at a little gym and it was so cute to see all the kids bouncing and balancing and tumbling. Except for my kid. He was still grumpy because he just woke up from his nap :( oh well.

I made gymnast cookies for the little girl.


I really love how these turned out. I had a hard time with the faces- but really like the ones with black eyes and a half smile. I'll remember to do that next time I have to do faces.

Notice the red armpits and thighs? (You can click on the pic to enlarge... but don't do that with the pics below because they don't look as good close up :) The red bled into the flesh color as they dried. That was a real bummer. I think any other color leotard would have been fine, but I wanted to use the same colors for the Lightening McQueen cookies that I did for her brother.



I have to confess that I kind of cheated on these because I used my cool new cookie toy - a KopyKake projector! It went on sale at an online art store and I knew I had to have it. This thing is awesome. You just put a picture in the box and it projects it down onto your cookie for you to trace! I felt sort of ridiculous buying it but it was on sale (did I mention it was on sale?) so I was able to justify the purchase a little bit. Plus it will save me so much time on cookies in the future, and time is money right? Besides, I love it!!! I plan to do all sorts of fun things with it. Stay tuned!





3 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! You never should've have admitted that you traced them! BTW, congrats on your sale purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom! I learned how to shop from the best. You can buy whatever you want as long as it's on sale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't apologize for the projector - it's tight cuz!

    ReplyDelete