Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Birthday and Bon Voyage


I did 65 of these cookies for a 1 year-old's birthday party.



I didn't think 65 would be that big of a deal... but it was. Mostly because I thought I had to bake the cookies and frost them on the same day. I am always concerned that they won't taste fresh by the time they are delivered. But we still have some of the left over cookies and 5 days later they are soft and delicious! So next time I will definitely be baking the cookies ahead of time. Which will be helpful next week when I have to do cookies for a birthday party and a baby shower on the same day.


So after I stayed up way too late working on those, my mom (who thankfully was there to take care of the kids while I did cookies) said the next morning, "You have to make more cookies!" My first thought was that my daughter had eaten the ones that were out drying on the table, and I almost cried. But, actually she just wanted me to make some Bon Voyage cookies for my nieces who were going to Paris with their parents that evening. (I know - lucky girls!!) So, we whipped these up with the leftover icing.



I love the "Tiffany Blue" (which is actually just turquoise) with the white.





4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... you know, of course, that I LOVE the Paris themed cookies! Ils sont magnifique!! Very nicely done. I have a friend to whom I gave your blog address; she wants to have some done for her daughter at UVA and the whole crew team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla loves to bake cookies if you need to hire an assistant this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them Amy! These are beautiful. Glad you are finding time to do more cookie making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much!

    Sheri- I would love to do UVA cookies!! Have your friend email me if she's interested!

    Mary- will Kayla work for cookies??

    ReplyDelete